Registration for the 2020 Grandma’s Marathon, Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon, William A. Irvin 5K, and Great Grandma’s Full and Half Challenges will open at 7 p.m. CT on October 1, 2019.
As in past years, there will be a high-volume of visitors to our registration site during the first few hours. To ensure all systems run smoothly, Race Roster will be implementing a “Controlled Queue” for all races. Here’s how it’ll work:
- To access the queue, log onto www.grandmasmarathon.com/participate/registration and click the “Register” button under the race you are registering for (NOTE: the button will be available at 7 p.m. CT on October 1, 2019).
2. When you click the register button, you will see the below screen prompting you to sign in to your Race Roster account or create a Race Roster account if you don’t already have one:
TIP: To speed up this step, you can log into your Race Roster account, recover your Race Roster password, OR create a Race Roster account NOW via this link: Race Roster Sign-In Page. Make sure to write down your log-in credentials or save them on your device so you have them handy on October 1.
3. When the queue opens, you will see this:
NOTE: Entering the Waiting Area does not guarantee you a spot in the race, but it will hold your place in line if/when a spot becomes available.
4. Once you click “Enter Waiting Area”, you will see the below screen. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you do not refresh the page, open multiple tabs, or close the window. You will lose your spot in line if you do any of these actions.
You will be able to enter the registration form based on your position in the queue. Please note that it could take 0 to 20 minutes. Thank you for your patience.
6. Click the “Register Now” button, and you will be taken into the registration form:
TIP: Once you are through the queue, SLOW DOWN! Please take your time completing the entry form to ensure accuracy and to check out the apparel, training programs and other great items available this year – including a limited edition 30th Anniversary Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon Jacket!
If you plan to run with another person or other people, you may add up to 3 additional participants in one transaction while spots are available.
We hope this helps you understand what to expect on October 1 when you log on to register for the 2020 Grandma’s Marathon, Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon, William A. Irvin 5K or Great Grandma’s Challenge. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Remember! To make registration go more smoothly on October 1, log in to your Race Roster account, recover your Race Roster password, OR create a Race Roster account NOW via this link: Race Roster Sign-In Page. Make sure to write down your log-in credentials or save them on your device so you have them handy on October 1.