Young Athletes Foundation
The Athletes Foundation (YAF), the charity arm of Grandma’s Marathon, was created in 1990 to assist with the promotion and development of healthy and active lifestyles for youth throughout northeastern Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin, specifically Carlton, Cook, Douglas, Lake, and St. Louis Counties.
Since its inception, the YAF has donated more than $1.1 million to the community’s youth athletic, recreational, and nonprofit organizations.
Young Athletes Foundation (YAF) runners commit to fundraising a minimum amount prior to race weekend, as outlined below:
- Grandma’s Marathon — $500
- Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon — $500
- William A. Irvin 5K — $250
The fundraising goal must be reached before the runner may register for the race. If the minimum fundraising amount is not met, the remaining balance will be charged to the runner.
In addition to a 2023 entry to the Grandma’s Marathon weekend race of their choice, all Young Athletes Foundation (YAF) runners will also receive:
- (2) complimentary entries into 2023 YAF race(s) of your choice
- (1) YAF-branded piece of apparel
- Fundraising resources and support, including a personal fundraising page, to help you meet your fundraising goal