Corporate Team Challenge for the 2022 Grandma’s Marathon weekend will open on February 1. Please check back for details or reach out to Alivia@grandmasmarathon.com
Who Can Participate?
- Any for-profit or non-profit corporation and municipalities are eligible to participate in the Grandma’s Marathon Corporate Team Challenge.
- All full- and part-time employees who are officially registered for Grandma’s Marathon or the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon are eligible to participate on a Corporate Team.
- Non-employees (i.e. family members, friends, etc. of employees) are not eligible.
Timed Competition Requirements
- There will be separate Corporate Team Challenges for Grandma’s Marathon and the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon.
- Corporations may have teams participate in both events.
- To be officially scored for the timed competition, each team must consist of:
- A minimum of (3) three employees, all of whom are officially registered for either Grandma’s Marathon or the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon.
- At least one male, one female, and one person who is at least 35 years old. One runner can fulfill both the gender and age requirement (i.e. a female, 35-year-old team member fulfills both requirements).
- The Corporate Team Challenge fee is $25.00 + processing fees per corporation, per race.
- If your corporation has a team in Grandma’s Marathon and the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon, the fee will be $50.
- This fee is in addition to the individual race entry fees paid by individual team members when they register for Grandma’s Marathon or the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon.
- Each team must designate a Team Captain, who will be responsible for basic team management tasks.
- All team members must already be officially registered for either Grandma’s Marathon or the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon in order to participate in the Corporate Team Challenge.
- Creating or joining a Corporate Team DOES NOT officially register you for the race.
Team Captains, please follow the steps below to register your Corporate Challenge Team:
- The Team Captain must first create a team. To do so, click here (available in March 2022) and select the “Register” button on the right.
- Once signed in, the Team Captain will select “Create Grandma’s Marathon Corporate Team” or “Create Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon Corporate Team.”
- The Team Captain will complete the registration form. In the section titled “Add Participant to a Team,” please select “Yes, Create a New Team and Add This Participant.”
- The Team Captain will name the team.
IMPORTANT: If your corporation plans to have a team for both Grandma’s Marathon and the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon, please indicate this in your team’s name (i.e. TeamDuluth 26.2 and TeamDuluth 13.1).
- The Team Captain will submit payment for the team.
- The Team Captain will share the team’s name with fellow team members.
Team Members, please follow the steps below to join once your Team Captain has created your Corporate Challenge Team:
- Once the team has been created, other team members can click here (available in March 2022) and select the “Register” button on the right.
- Once signed in, team members will select “Join Grandma’s Marathon Corporate Team” or “Join Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon Corporate Team.”
- Team members will complete the registration form. In the section titled “Add Participant to a Team,” please select “Yes, Add This Participant to a Team Created by Someone Else.”
- Select the team name given to you by your Team Captain and following the remaining prompts.
NOTE: There is no fee to JOIN a team, only to create one.
Timed Competition Scoring
- The three fastest chip times of each team will be added together (must include the time of one female and one participant that is 35 or older).
NOTE: If a team fails to have at least one male, one female, and one participant 35 or older complete the race, the team will not be officially scored or eligible for awards.
Timed Competition Awards
- The winning team in the timed competition will receive a Corporate Team Challenge plaque inscribed with the names of the top three participants.
- Awards will also be given to the second and third place teams.
Participation Competition Awards
- An award will be presented to the corporation with the highest number of employees who register and finish.
NOTE: All awards will be mailed to the winning teams 4-6 weeks after Grandma’s Marathon weekend.
For more information on registering for the Corporate Team Challenge, please contact our Program Director Alivia Nelson via email at email@example.com call our office at (218) 727-0947.