Run with your coworkers!
Registration for the 2021 Corporate Team Challenge will open in March 2021 (exact date TBD). The deadline to create and/or join a team is Monday, June 7.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Any corporation, profit or non-profit, along with any municipalities are eligible to participate in the Corporate Team Challenge.
- All full and part-time employees who are officially registered for Grandma’s Marathon or the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon are eligible to participate on a Corporate Team.
- Non-employees (i.e. family members, friends, etc. of employees) are not eligible.
TIMED COMPETITION REQUIREMENTS
There will be separate Corporate Team Challenges for Grandma’s Marathon and the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon. Corporations can have teams in both events. To be officially scored for the Timed Competition, each team must consist of:
- A minimum of (3) three employees who are officially registered for Grandma’s Marathon or the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon.
- At least one female, one male and one person that is 35 years or older. One runner can fulfill both the gender and age requirement. Example: a team member who is female and 35 years old fulfills this requirement.
The Corporate Team Challenge fee is $25.00 + processing fee per corporation, per race (if your corporation has a marathon team and a half marathon team the total fee is $50). This is in addition to the individual race entry fees paid by team members when they officially registered for Grandma’s Marathon or the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon.
Each team needs to designate a Team Captain, who will be responsible for team creation and management tasks.
All team members must already be officially registered for Grandma’s Marathon or the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon in order to participate in the Corporate Team Challenge. Creating or joining a Corporate Team does not officially register you for the race.
Steps for registering a team:
1. The Team Captain must first create a team(s). To do so, click here (available in March) and select the Register button on the right;
2. Once signed in, Team Captain should select “CREATE Grandma’s Marathon Corporate Team” OR “CREATE Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon Corporate Team”.
3. Team Captain completes the registration form and in the section titled “Add Participant To a Team”, select “Yes, create a new team and add this participant”;
4. Team Captain names the team.
IMPORTANT: If you plan to have a Marathon and a Half Marathon team, please indicate this in your team name. Example: TEAMDULUTH – 26.2 and TEAMDULUTH – 13.1.
5. Team Captain submits payment for the team.
IMPORTANT: If your corporation has a Marathon and Half Marathon team, the captain will need to repeat steps 1 – 4 to set up the other team.
6. Team Captain shares the team name with fellow team members.
8. Once signed in, Team Members should select “JOIN Grandma’s Marathon Corporate Team” or “JOIN Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon Corporate Team”.
9. Team members will complete the registration form and in the section titled “Add Participant to a Team”, select: “Yes, add this participant to a team created by someone else”.
10. Select your team name and follow the remaining prompts. NOTE: There is no fee to JOIN a team.
TIMED COMPETITION SCORING
The three fastest chip times of each team will be added together. If a team fails to have one female runner, one male runner and a member who is 35 or older complete the race, the team will not be officially scored or eligible for awards.
TIMED COMPETITION AWARDS
The winning team in the timed competition will receive a Corporate Team Challenge plaque inscribed with the names of the top three scorers. Awards will also be given to the second and third place teams.
PARTICIPATION COMPETITION AWARD
In addition to the timed competition, we will offer a participation competition. An award will be presented to the corporation with the greatest number of employees who register and finish.
NOTE: Awards will be mailed 4-6 weeks after the race.