Grambassadors are selected individuals who will work to share their Grandma’s Marathon experiences with other potential runners around the country and the world.
The Grandma’s Marathon staff will review each application and evaluate them individually. There are no specific requirements to becoming a Grambassador, but we recommend the following:
- Strong passion for Grandma’s Marathon and the Duluth community
- Past participant in a Grandma’s Marathon weekend event (preferably in-person)
- Demonstrable skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Social media and/or blogging
- Content creation (video and/or photo)
- Community outreach and group recruitment
- Involvement in running clubs or other health-focused social groups
While a substantial social media presence is a positive, it is not necessarily a requirement. We are also looking to build a diverse group of Grambassadors from different backgrounds and communities with varying skill sets.
Each individual selected as a Grambassador will receive the following:
- A complimentary entry into one of the 2022 Grandma’s Marathon weekend events and one Young Athletes Foundation (YAF) event, if desired
- Grandma’s Marathon training swag
- Featured content on our social media channels and/or blog
- Other opportunities including pre-race interviews and/or news stories, merchandise giveaways, and invitations to other race weekend events
- Additional incentives (based on involvement and success in program)
The Grandma’s Marathon staff will work closely throughout the year with each of our Grambassadors to select the proper messaging and distribution schedule. Generally, it is expected that you will commit to the following:
- Attend and participate in the 2022 Grandma’s Marathon weekend
- Allow Grandma’s Marathon to share your content on our social media channels and blog (credit will be given to the individual creating the content)
Being a Grambassador is not financially compensated in any way. We do not subsidize travel and/or training expenses or issue payments of any kind. Grambassadors will serve from October 2021 through June 2022 and must reapply each year to continue in their role. Grandma’s Marathon reserves the right to remove any individual from the program at its discretion.
The following is an estimated timeline of the 2022 Grambassador Program application selection process:
- September 1 – Applications Open
- September 15 – Applications Closed
- September 24 – Grambassadors Selected
- September 27 – First Online Meeting with Grambassadors
After our 2022 Grambassadors are selected, the Grandma’s Marathon staff will work with each individual to building custom schedule for the rest of the year based on each individual’s skills and interests.