5,280 feet of beauty
Brisk autumn temperatures, breathtaking views and the joy of running can only mean one thing: Fall has arrived in Minnesota! Join us on the Minnesota Mile course on Friday, September 6, 2019.
Start Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: Along Skyline Parkway in Duluth, MN. All pre-race and post-race activities located at the Enger Park Golf Course.
Entry Fee (non-refundable):
$20 pre-registration until September 4, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. CST,
$30 late registration, $10 youth ages 7-14.
Swag: All finishers receive a long-sleeve tech shirt.
*There is no Elite Division this year.*
Team Competition feature!
Create a team with your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers to participate in this friendly competition and a chance to earn Team Awards!
- Each team must consist of a minimum of (3) three individuals. There is no maximum limit on how many individuals can be on a team – the more the merrier!
- Team categories include:
- All Female
- All Male
- All Youth (Ages 14 & Under)
- Mixed (great for families and co-ed teams!)
- Each team must designate a Team Captain, who will register for the Minnesota Mile first and create the team (see details below).
STEPS FOR CREATING & JOINING A TEAM:
- Choose a Team Captain who will register for the race first and create the team.
- Team Captain – click the “Register” button, create or log into your Race Roster account and answer the registration questions.
- In the section on the form titled “Add Participant To a Team” select “Yes, create a new team and add this participant”
- Team Captain – Select your team category (all female, all male, all youth or mixed), input your team name, and complete the remainder of the registration process.
IMPORTANT: Please remember the name you assign to your team as you will need to share it with your teammates.
- Team Captain – please share the team name you entered with your fellow team members.
- Additional Team Members can now register for the race and join the team by following these steps:
- Click the “Register”, create or log into your Race Roster account and answer the registration questions.
- In the section on the registration form titled “Add Participant to a Team”, select: “Yes, add this participant to a team created by someone else”.
- Select your team name and complete the remainder of the registration process.
TIMED COMPETITION SCORING:
The three fastest chip times of each team will be added together, and the teams with the fastest cumulative time in each category will win.
- Awards will be given to the fastest teams in each category (exact number of awards TBA)
- In addition to the timed competition awards, we will present an award to the team with the greatest number of team members to register for the race.
If you are a non-profit or charity, contact Tara@GrandmasMarathon.com to learn how your organization can receive a free booth at the MN Mile!
Home of the two fastest miles run in Minnesota:
3:52.7 Ben Blankenship – set in 2013
4:21.3 Gabriele (Anderson) Grunewald – set in 2013
150 guaranteed entries to Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon
By finishing the Minnesota Mile, you will qualify for a chance to win a guaranteed entry into the 2020 Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon. One-hundred fifty finishers (ages 12 & older) will be randomly selected to receive a guaranteed spot into next year’s race.
Selected runners will be notified after the race. Those who receive the guaranteed entry will be required to pay the entry fee to participate in the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon. The guaranteed entry is not transferable and may be used only by the person who participated in the Minnesota Mile.
The Minnesota Mile event includes a number of race divisions beginning at 6 p.m.:
- Adaptive Athlete Division open to athletes with disabilities ages 7 & older.
- Open Division for all abilities and ages 7 & older. Multiple heats will be run based on registration numbers. Men and women will run in the same heats.
- There is no Elite Division this year.
Race packet pickup & Late Registration
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 5 (DAY BEFORE RACE):
11 a.m – 6 p.m. at the Grandma’s Marathon Office (351 Canal Park Drive)
Complimentary 10 minute parking available across the street at the Inn on Lake Superior.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 6 (RACE DAY):
3 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. at Enger Park Golf Club House (1801 W Skyline Parkway)
Access to the Enger Tower Parking Lot will be available prior to 5:15 p.m. and after 7:15 p.m. NOTE: You will not be able to leave the parking lot between 5:15 p.m. and 7:15 p.m.
Stick around after your race at the Enger Park Golf Course for awards, music and exclusive menu prices!
Enger’s 1/2 lb. Burgers: $6
Enger’s Big Dogs and Brats: $4
Local Craft Beers: $3