5,280 feet of beauty
Brisk autumn temperatures, breathtaking views and the joy of running can only mean one thing: Fall has arrived in Minnesota! Join us on the Minnesota Mile course on Friday, September 11, 2020.
Run a 1-mile loop on Minnesota’s scenic Skyline Parkway while enjoying spectacular views of Lake Superior, the St. Louis River Bay and Minnesota’s early fall foliage. Take in all the beauty Duluth has to offer during this majestic time of year.
Date: Friday, September 11, 2020
In-Person Race Start Time: (2) time block segments with 10 waves of up to 25 people in each block: Block 1 (4pm – 5:30pm); Block 2 (6pm to 7:30pm)
Location: Along Skyline Parkway in Duluth, MN.
Entry Fee (non-refundable):
$20 pre-registration until September 8, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CST,
$30 late registration, $10 youth ages 6-14.
- Online Registration: Online registration for the In-Person and Virtual Options closes at 11:59pm on September 8.
- Late Registration: Onsite late registration for the In-Person Option will be available during the following days/times:
- Wednesday, September 9: 2pm – 7pm at Fitger’s (600 E. Superior Street)
- Thursday, September 10: 11am – 7pm at Fitger’s (600 E. Superior Street)
- Friday, September 11: 12pm – 5pm at Enger Park Golf Course (1801 Skyline Pkwy)
Swag: All finishers receive a long-sleeve tech shirt.
With safety plans in place, we are excited to offer the following options for you to complete the 2020 Minnesota Mile!
- IN-PERSON OPTION: We will be hosting a chip timed, in-person version of the Minnesota Mile on Friday, September 11, 2020. In order to do so safely and in accordance with the MDH Guidelines, we will be offering (2) time blocks that will each include 10 waves of up to 25 people. You will select a wave during registration. Plan accordingly with your family and friends if you would like to be in the same wave as you will not be able to switch to a different wave after September 8. Click here to view wave times.
- VIRTUAL OPTION: With this option, you may complete the Minnesota Mile at a time and location of your choice during the timeframe of September 11 – 18. If you select this option, you will receive an email prior to September 11 with instructions on how to report your time.
Safety Measures & Procedures:
Grandma’s Marathon is committed to providing safe and healthy events at all times. During the COVID-19 pandemic we are implementing extra precautions, which will require full cooperation among our participants, volunteers and staff. We ask that you adhere to the following safety measures, requirements and guidelines during your participation to ensure the continuation of in-person running event options.
Race Packet Pick-up and Late Registration
- Wednesday, September 9: 2pm – 7pm at
Fitger’s (600 E. Superior Street)
- Thursday, September 10: 11am – 7pm at
Fitger’s (600 E. Superior Street)
- Friday, September 11:
IN-PERSON PARTICIPANTS: 12pm – 5pm at Enger Park Golf Course (1801 Skyline Pkwy);
VIRTUAL PARTICIPANTS: 11 am – 7 pm at Fitger’s (600 E. SUPERIOR STREET)
- Saturday, September 12:
VIRTUAL PARTICIPANTS: 5 am – 10 am at Fitger’s
Make sure to bring your wallet so you can stock up on gear! We will be having a sale at race packet-pickup featuring past race apparel and merchandise at extremely low prices.
Home of the two fastest miles run in Minnesota:
3:52.7 Ben Blankenship – set in 2013
4:21.3 Gabriele (Anderson) Grunewald – set in 2013
The status of the Minnesota Mile is subject to change at any time. We realize that the COVID-19 pandemic is a dynamic situation, and we will continue to monitor all updates from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and CDC. If the status of the event changes, we will notify participants via email as soon as possible.