Near or far, Rock Your Race wherever you are!
While Grandma’s Marathon Weekend won’t be happening in real-time this year with the current global situation, participants are completing their marathon, half marathon, and 5K goals by running with us Virtually! We know you’ve been training hard and working toward the goal of completing Grandma’s Marathon, the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon and/or the William A. Irvin 5K, and we’re excited to offer you the chance to accomplish your race goals through our Virtual Races!
All participants were sent their personal results page links on May 4. If you didn’t receive yours, click here. Then select the choice “other” and complete the form.
We want to celebrate your achievement with you! Don’t forget to share pictures of your journey and tag #gmas20 and #virtualGM.
Questions on how to submit your Virtual Result?
Your virtual result submission link can be found in the email that was sent to you on May 4 from email@example.com with the subject line”Virtual Result Link & Details”. Please check your email Inbox, Spam Folder and/or Deleted Items Folder for this email.
If you are unable to locate it click the “Info Here” button below.
Virtual Event Bag Offers
Check it out!
Virtual Race Guidelines:
Keep these guidelines in mind when completing your Virtual Race:
1. While there are no restrictions on where you complete your Virtual Race, please follow all safety measures and ordinances that have been laid out by government agencies regarding COVID-19.
2. We know running on the Grandma’s Marathon course is enticing, however for your safety we discourage you from doing so. The roads will not be closed, a majority of the course does not have pedestrian lanes or sidewalks to run on, and major construction on the French River Bridge (near the 12-mile mark) is expected to start in June, with no pedestrian access available.
3. You can run your race whenever you want! To receive your finisher shirt and medal, please upload your finishing time by July 31, 2020.
4. The virtual races are being conducted on an honor system! Please uphold the spirit of honest racing by running the full distance of your race, and reporting accurate times.
Access the Grandma’s Marathon course
You can experience the Grandma’s Marathon racecourse virtually on your treadmill! We have partnered with the RunBetter App to give you the opportunity to build your training run by selecting parts of the course or the entire thing, and you will be prompted to change the incline on your treadmill as you proceed along the course. When you’ve finished your run, it will be saved in the app so you can refer back to it whenever you want.
To give it a try, download the Run Better App on your device and select Grandma’s Marathon.
- If you registered for the 2020 races prior to the cancellation (on March 31) – You will automatically be entered into the virtual version of the race you registered for. No further action is required on your part to register for the Virtual Race.
- Run your race wherever you want, whenever you want while following the safety measures that have been laid out by your local government regarding COVID-19.
- An email will be sent to you on May 4 with a link to your personal results page where you can download a Race Bib if you’d like (it’s not mandatory), upload your time, and view/print your official Finisher Certificate.
- We want to celebrate your achievement with you! Post your virtual race photos on social media with the hashtag: #Gmas20 and #VirtualGM
- The deadline for submitting your virtual result is July 31, 2020. All finishers who upload their result to the Virtual Submission Platform will earn a finisher shirt and medal. These items will be available in August 2020 to pick up (locations TBA) or we’ll ship them to you.
*Entry transfers need to be made by 11:59 p.m. on May 1. No transfers or switches will be accepted after that time/date.
The virtual races are being conducted on an honor system! Please uphold the spirit of honest racing by running the full distance of your race, and reporting accurate times.
Again, if you registered for one of the races prior to March 31, you are automatically enrolled in the virtual version of the race that you registered for.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org