Registration for the 2023 Grandma’s Marathon weeeked will officially open on October 1, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. CT. This includes entries into each of the weekend’s events:
- Grandma’s Marathon
- Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon
- William A. Irvin 5K
- Great Grandma’s Challenge
As in past years, we do expect an increased number of visitors to our website during the first few hours of registration being open. Our registration partner platform, Race Roster, will again be using a “controlled queue” to help control the expected high volume of website traffic.
Here's How It Works
1. To access the queue, click HERE to access the Grandma’s Marathon website. and then click the “Register” button underneath the race for which you are registering. NOTE: The “Register” button may be visible before the official opening time of 7:00 p.m. CT.
2. After clicking the “Register” button, you will see a screen (pictured to the right) prompting you to sign into your Race Roster account, or to create a Race Roster account if you don’t already have one.
PRO TIP: To speed up, you can click HERE to log into your Race Roster account, recover your password, or create a new account ahead of registration day. Make sure you write down your login credentials or save them on your device so you have them available on October 1.
3. When the queue opens, you will see the “Waiting Area” screen (pictured to the right). Entering the “Waiting Area” does not guarantee you a spot in the race, but it will hold your place in line if and when a spot does become available.
4. After clicking the “Enter Waiting Area” button, you will see the “You Are In the Waiting Area” screen (pictured to the right). IMPORTANT: Do not refresh the page, open multiple tabs, or close the window. Any of these actions could result in you losing your spot in line for registration.
You will be able to start the registration process based on your position in the queue. NOTE: Depending on traffic volume, especially immediately after registration opens, your time in the waiting room could be up to 20 minutes. We thank you for your patience.
5. When it’s your turn in the queue, you will see a button that says “Register Now” (pictured to the right). Click on that button, and you will be taken into the registration form.
PRO TIP: Once you are into the registration form, SLOW DOWN! Please take your time completing the form to ensure accuracy and to check out other great items available to you – apparel, training programs and more.
You can register up to 4 people (including yourself) at one time, and they do not need to be participating in the same event.