Don’t Believe Us? Ask Them!
The best people to ask about Grandma’s Marathon are runners who have been here, and that’s why we started the Grambassador program! This group can answer your questions, offer advice on what to do on race weekend, or just get you excited and inspired before that long training run!
Our Grambassadors represent many of the different groups that make Grandma’s Marathon special – seasoned veterans and rookies, elites and back of the pack runners, locals and internationals. Together, they make up a group committed to enhancing your race weekend experience through training advice, motivation, and other tips key to a wonderful Grandma’s Marathon experience.
Because we believe our event must be experienced to be truly understood, it is preferred that our Grambassadors be previous participants in our Grandma's Marathon weekend.
While a substantial social media presence is a positive, it is not necessarily a requirement. We are also looking to build a diverse group of Grambassadors from different backgrounds and communities with varying skill sets.
- 10% off entry fee for Grandma’s Marathon*
- Entry to the starting line Running Club Experience Tent
- Club Spotlight on website
- Finish Line bleacher passes
- Reserved section at the Michelina’s All-You-Can-Eat Spaghetti Dinner
NOTE: Discounts are not retroactive. Club members who have already registered will not be refunded but can still be added to your team and count towards your total number of participants.
- A complimentary entry into (1) 2023 Grandma’s Marathon weekend races and (1) Young Athletes Foundation (YAF) event, if desired
- Grandma’s Marathon training swag
- Featured content on our social media channels and/or blog
- Other opportunities including pre-race interviews and/or news stories, merchandise giveaways, and invitations to other race weekend events
- Additional incentives (based on involvement and success in program)
Meet Our 2023 Grambassadors
Follow along with our 2023 Grambassadors in their journey to the finish line. You’ll learn more about their training programs, their advice for race weekend, and their must-dos and must-sees in Duluth and the surrounding region. Essentially, they can be your inside source of information to unlocking the best possible Grandma’s Marathon experience!