Don’t Believe Us? Ask Them!
The best people to ask about Grandma’s Marathon are runners who have been here, and that’s why we started the Grambassador program! This group can answer your questions, offer advice on what to do on race weekend, or just get you excited and inspired before that long training run!
Our Grambassadors represent many of the different groups that make Grandma’s Marathon special – seasoned veterans and rookies, elites and back of the pack runners, locals and internationals. Together, they make up a group committed to enhancing your race weekend experience through training advice, motivation, and other tips key to a wonderful Grandma’s Marathon experience.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Because we believe our event must be experienced to be truly understood, it is preferred that our Grambassadors be previous participants in our Grandma’s Marathon weekend.
While a substantial social media presence is a positive, it is not necessarily a requirement. We are also looking to build a diverse group of Grambassadors from different backgrounds and communities with varying skill sets.
The Grambassador application process will reopen in September 2022. Please check back if interested to submit your application.
WHAT DO GRAMBASSADORS DO?
Our Grambassadors, quite simply, are asked to share their passion about Grandma’s Marathon and the Duluth community with other potential participants. All Grambassadors must be participating in one of the three weekend races and plan to share their experiences leading up and on race weekend.
During the application process, you will be asked to show demonstable skills in at least one of the following areas:
- Social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok)
- Content creation (photos, videos, blogs, etc.)
- Community outreach and group recruitment
- Involvement in running clubs or other health-focused social groups
WHAT ARE THE PERKS OF BEING A GRAMBASSADOR?
- A complimentary entry into (1) 2023 Grandma’s Marathon weekend races and (1) Young Athletes Foundation (YAF) event, if desired
- Grandma’s Marathon training swag
- Featured content on our social media channels and/or blog
- Other opportunities including pre-race interviews and/or news stories, merchandise giveaways, and invitations to other race weekend events
- Additional incentives (based on involvement and success in program)
Meet Our 2022 Grambassadors
Follow along with our 2022 Grambassadors in their journey to the finish line. You’ll learn more about their training programs, their advice for race weekend, and their must-dos and must-sees in Duluth and the surrounding region. Essentially, they can be your inside source of information to unlocking the best possible Grandma’s Marathon experience!
For more information on the Grambassadors Program, please contact Program Director Alivia Nelson via email at [email protected] or call our office at (218) 727-0947.