DON’T BELIEVE US? ASK THEM!
Grandma’s Marathon is more than a race. It’s an experience.
Because of this, the very best people to ask about Grandma’s Marathon are people who have been here, who have seen and felt all our race weekend has to offer.
That’s why we started the Grambassador program — a group of committed, knowledgable, and outgoing runners who can answer your questions, offer advice on what to do on race weekend, or just get you excited and inspired before that long training run!
Our Grambassadors represent many of the different groups that make Grandma’s Marathon special – seasoned veterans and rookies, elites and back of the pack runners, locals and internationals.
There are no specific requirements to becoming a Grambassador, but we recommend the following:
- Strong passion for Grandma’s Marathon and Duluth
- Past participant in a Grandma’s Marathon weekend event (preferably in-person)
- Demonstrable skills in one or more of the following areas
- Social media and/or blogging
- Content creation (video and/or photo)
- Community outreach and group recruitment
- Involvement in running clubs or other health-focused social groups
While a substantial social media presence is a positive, it is not necessarily a requirement. We are also looking to build a diverse group of Grambassadors from different backgrounds and communities with varying skill sets.
The Grandma’s Marathon staff will work closely throughout the year with each of our Grambassadors to select the proper messaging and distribution schedule. Generally, it is expected that you will commit to the following:
- Attend and participate in the 2024 Grandma’s Marathon weekend
- Allow Grandma’s Marathon to share your content on our social media channels
and blog (credit will be given to the individual creating the content)
Being a Grambassador is not financially compensated in any way. We do not subsidize travel and/or training expenses or issue payments of any kind. Grambassadors will serve from October 2023 through June 2024 and must reapply each year to continue in their role. Grandma’s Marathon reserves the right to remove any individual from the program at its discretion.
Each individual selected as a Grambassador will receive the following:
- A complimentary entry into one of the 2024 Grandma’s Marathon weekend events and one Young Athletes Foundation (YAF) event, if desired
- Grandma’s Marathon training swag
- Featured content on our social media channels and/or blog
- Other opportunities including pre-race interviews and/or news stories, merchandise giveaways, and invitations to other race weekend events
- Additional incentives (based on involvement and success in program)
Applications for this year’s Grambassador program are no longer being accepted, but please consider applying for and attending the 2024 Grandma’s Marathon weekend. If you have questions, please call our office at (218) 727-0947 or email us at [email protected].
MEET OUR 2024 GRAMBASSADORS
Follow along with our 2024 Grambassadors in their journey to the finish line. You’ll learn more about their training programs, their advice for race weekend, and their must-dos and must-sees in Duluth and the surrounding region. Essentially, they can be your inside source of information to unlocking the best possible Grandma’s Marathon experience!
For more information on the Grambassadors Program, please contact Program Director Alivia Nelson via email at [email protected] or call our office at (218) 727-0947.
Iowa City, IA
St. Louis Park, MN
St. Paul, MN
St. Louis Park, MN
St. Paul, MN
St. Cloud, MN