Running’s Better with a Friend
Not afraid of a little friendly competition? Come run one of the most scenic road races in the United States while, at the same time, building community within your company. Gather your co-workers and sign up for the Corporate Team Challenge, which offers your group a chance to work together in pursuit of a common goal – not to mention, bragging rights for the next year!
We’ve got the right distance for everyone – register your team for Grandma’s Marathon, the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon, or the William A. Irvin 5K – so get signed up and get to training!
Keep Moving Together
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Any for-profit or non-profit corporation or municipality is eligible to participate.
- All full- and part-time employees who are registered for either Grandma’s Marathon, the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon or the William A Irvin 5K are eligible to participate.
- Non-employees (family members, friends, etc.) are not eligible to participate.
TIMED COMPETITION REQUIREMENTS
- There are separate Corporate Team Challenges for Grandma’s Marathon, the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon and the William A Irvin 5K.
- Corporations or municipalities may have teams participating in both events.
- To be officially scored for the competition, each team must consist of:
- A minimum of (3) employees, all of whom are registered for either Grandma’s Marathon, the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon or the William A Irvin 5K.
- At least one male, one female, and one person who is at least 35 years old. One runner can fulfill both the gender and age requirement for a team (i.e. a female, 35-year-old team member fulfills both requirements).
- The Corporate Team Challenge fee is $25 + processing fees and is issued per team, per race.
- I.e. if your corporation or municipality has one team in the Grandma’s Marathon and Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon Corporate Challenges, the fee will be $50 + processing fees.
- This fee is in addition to the individual race entry fees paid by individual team members.
Corprate Team Challenge Champions
2022 – St. Louis County
2019 – Essentia Health
2018 – Wells Fargo
GARRY BJORKLUND HALF MARATHON
2022 – St. Louis County
2019 – Essentia Health
2018 – College of St. Scholastica
Each team must designate a Team Captain, who will be responsible for basic team management tasks. NOTE: Creating or joining a corporate team DOES NOT officially register you for the race.
All team members must be already registered for either Grandma’s Marathon or the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon in order to register for and participate in the Corporate Team Challenge.
For Team Captains
- The Team Captain must first create a team. To do so, click here and select the “Register” button on the right.
- Once signed in, the Team Captain will select “Create Grandma’s Marathon Corporate Team” or “Create Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon Corporate Team.”
- The Team Captain will complete the registration form. In the section titled “Add Participant to a Team,” please select “Yes, Create a New Team and Add This Participant.”
- The Team Captain will name the team.
IMPORTANT: If your corporation or municipality plans to have a team for both Grandma’s Marathon and the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon, please indicate this in your team’s name (i.e. TeamDuluth 26.2 and TeamDuluth 13.1).
- The Team Captain will submit payment for the team.
- The Team Captain will share the team’s name with fellow team members.
For Team Members
- Once the team has been created, other team members can click here and select the “Register” button on the right.
- Once signed in, team members will select “Join Grandma’s Marathon Corporate Team” or “Join Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon Corporate Team.”
- Team members will complete the registration form. In the section titled “Add Participant to a Team,” please select “Yes, Add This Participant to a Team Created by Someone Else.”
- Select the team name given to you by your Team Captain and following the remaining prompts.
NOTE: There is no fee to JOIN a team, only to create one.
Scoring & Awards
TIMED COMPETITION SCORING
The three fastest chip times of each team will be added together (must include the time of one female and one participant who is at least 35 years old). NOTE: If a team fails to have at least one male, one female, and one participant who is at least 35 years old complete the race, that team will not be officially scored or eligible for awards.
TIMED COMPETITION AWARDS
The winning team in the timed competition will receive a Corporate Team Challenge plaque inscribed with the names of the top three participants. Awards will also be given to the second and third place teams.
PARTICIPATION COMPETITION AWARDS
An award will be presented to the corporation with the highest number of employees who register and finish.
NOTE: All awards will be mailed to the winning teams 4-6 weeks after Grandma’s Marathon weekend.
For more information on registering for the Corporate Team Challenge, please contact our Program Director Alivia Nelson via email at [email protected] or call our office at (218) 727-0947.