If you don’t lose your voice, you’re not doing it right.
Being a spectator is a great way to get involved in the Grandma’s Marathon weekend festivities, without having to run 26.2 miles. The enthusiasm from our devoted fans adds tremendous excitement to the racecourse and gives athletes the incentive to keep striding toward the finish line. So get out there and cheer your heart out!
Weekend Activity Guide
*Note the Spectator Info on Pages 27-29 in the Guide
While planning your viewing strategy, please keep the following important tips in mind:
- The Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon begins at 6:15 a.m. and Grandma’s Marathon begins at 7:45 a.m. (Wheeler participants for the Marathon start at 7:40 a.m.)
- No vehicles are allowed on Old Scenic Highway 61 (the racecourse) at anytime during the running of Grandma’s Marathon or the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon. The expressway, which runs parallel to Scenic Highway 61, will be open for travel.
- Traffic on the expressway is very congested on race day. If you plan to watch the Marathon or the Half Marathon from a point on Scenic Highway 61, please keep in mind that travel to the finish line is impossible due to traffic delays.
- Parking on the expressway is ABSOLUTELY PROHIBITED. Limited parking will be available on the access roads connecting the expressway to the racecourse.
- London Road, Superior Street and Canal Park are the most convenient places to watch the race. In order to secure a parking spot near these locations, you will want to get to your viewing location early.
The runner tracking system will be available on the Grandma’s Marathon App.
LIVE BROADCAST OF GRANDMA’S MARATHON:
Saturday, June 16
6:15 a.m.-11:30 a.m.